- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Missional and Spiritual Formation from the Hazelip School of Theology at Lipscomb University (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Masters of Divinity (M.Div.) from the Harding School of Theology (Memphis, Tennessee)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Biblical Languages at Harding University (Searcy, Arkansas)
Continuing Education and Affiliations
- Specialization Certificate in Foundations of Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania
- Graduate of the Contemplative Ministers Initiative (CMI) at the Siburt Insitute for Church Ministry
- Certified Facilitator of the SYMBIS and SYMBIS+ assessment tools for pre-marital and marital counseling
- Serve on the Advisory Board for Nations University
- Member of the International High IQ Society
Notable Presentations and Publications
- “How Short-Term Missions Shape Sending Congregations,” Missio Dei: A Journal of Missional Theology and Praxis 10, no. 2 (Summer–Fall 2019)
- Adjunct teaching, creator of the “Missional Leadership” course for the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry degree (MACM). Hazelip School of Theology, Lipscomb University (2019).
- Keynote Speaker at Deeper Youth Conference in Fayetteville, Arkansas (2018). A three-part series on the theme “God With Us.”
- Keynote Speaker at the European Christian Workshop, Lancaster University, U.K. (2017). A four-part presentation on the theme “Shalom.”
- Featured Speaker for Missions Emphasis Day at Holland Park Church, Greenville, South Carolina (2017).
- “Going There and Changing Here.” Intersections of Faith and Culture 4, no. 1 (2017): 38-39.
- “Going There and Changing Here.” Presentation at Lipscomb University’s Summer Celebration (2016).
- “Short-Term Missions and Missional Formation at the Kings Crossing Church of Christ.” DMin diss., Lipscomb University, 2016.
- “God Will Make A Way–And A Baptistery.” In The Christian Chronicle (Oct. 2014). Mark’s photo received honorable mention from Associated Church Press “Best In Class” awards.
- The Bible: Its Origin, Preservation, and Impact. Nashville: 21st Century Christian, 2013. Part of the FLEX series curriculum.
- “How To Teach Church History To Teenagers.” A three-part presentation at Harding University’s Bible Lectures (2012). Items 42-44.
- The Church of Christ in the 21st Century. Nashville: 21st Century Christian, 2012. Part of the FLEX series curriculum.
- Watershed Moments: Pivotal Points in Church History. Nashville: 21st Century Christian, 2011. Part of the FLEX series curriculum.
- The Story of God’s People. Nashville: 21st Century Christian, 2010. A launch title for the FLEX series curriculum.
- Adjunct Instructor of Bible at Harding University. Taught Old Testament Survey to Freshmen students (2007).