This is an informational page for members of the FaithBuilder class at Kings Crossing Church of Christ. I am keeping it on my website so I can access and modify it easily, and so that we can keep an ongoing archive of what we study.
Winter Study Plans
For our Winter study, we’ll be reading Ed Stetzer’s book, Christians in the Age of Outrage: How To Bring Our Best When The World Is At Its Worst. Stetzer is great in that he is highly academically credentialed (2 doctorates, if I remember correctly) but he is deeply rooted in pragmatic concerns of real churches.
The links here will take you to, respectively: the Kindle book, the Paperback version, and the Hardback version. You can see the pricing below. Please be purchasing your copy to use as we get into the book. We’ll plan on starting in January.
After you’ve added the book to your cart, don’t forget to go to smile.amazon.com to check out (it will keep it all in the cart), and select Kings Crossing Church of Christ as your benefiting charity of choice!
I am listing previous books we’ve studied together, in part to help me keep track of the overall flow of class content and what we are covering.
Free To Be Me: Using The Enneagram For Personal Growth
Breakdown of FaithBuilder Enneagram Types (based on 34 responses):
Scriptural Textual Studies:
- Philemon & Colossians
- Wisdom Psalms
- Kate Bowler, Everything Happens for a Reason, and Other Lies I’ve Loved.
- Ross Cochran, Not Off Limits: Questions You Wish You Could Ask At Church.
- Dallas Willard, Renovation of the Heart.
- Books by Virgil Fry. We didn’t study these in class, but had Virgil come conduct a grief workshop. You can watch his class and sermon videos here. Here are his books: Disrupted: Finding God in Illness and Loss and Rekindled: Warmed By Fires Of Hope. Both are excellent resources for people who are grieving.
- Lee Strobel, The Case for Faith.